About License Configuration details and settings

I was looking these days on duplicating an environment and one task was to actually get the License Configuration the same in the second environment. Of course, I wasn't doing this by backing up and restoring the database, this was a fresh install.

One thing that I always sort of ignored was what was making up the license configuration file you Export to in the configuration screen. I always noticed that there were less items than expected, but never thought to look into why is this.

Today I actually ran through its content and realized the obvious: the file contains the items that are unselected. And when you get in the SysConfig table, that holds the data related to the License (information and configuration), you will see that the records with value 6 for column ConfigType (which is the ConfigurationKey value in the ConfigType base enum) are corresponding to the values in the file.

No comments:

Post a Comment