Already encountered by now several times when the client just stopped abruptly into a fatal error when trying to perform an action on some object.
Initially i thought it was something wrong with the source control, but it crashes on even the simple action, like:
- try to compile or open a view, client crashed;
- try to compile or open a form, client crashed;
- try to import a listpage, client crashed;
I realized that the object might be corrupted (not sure what this would actually mean, but, a simple translation would say wrong values in the sql record for object), so I tried to reimport the object using the AOT Import (this is where you should look for the previous working version of the object's xpo). To my surprise this as well will not work, since it tried to compile the existing object and stopped again.
So, (one of) the solution(s) - of course, probably there are a few more other ways to tackle this:
Path_to_AX_Client\Bin\Ax32.exe -AOTImportFile=Path_To_Object'sXPO -NoCopileOnImport
Hope you find this useful.